You’ll need to create three DNS records on your domain provider to connect your Upsales account with your email server. Contact your IT department or your DNS provider for assistance.
The exact process and location of the DNS records will vary, depending on which domain provider you use. However, here are some general steps to guide you through the process:
- Log in to your website or email provider’s domain settings.
- Find the DNS settings.
- Add a record with the record type as CNAME.
- Copy the Host information for the first CNAME record from Upsales. It will look something like this: upsalesmail.upsales.com.
- Paste the Host information in the new record you created (as the Host portion of the record) in your provider’s DNS settings.
- Copy the Data information for the first CNAME record from Upsales. It will look something like this: u9736033.wl045.sendgrid.net.
- Paste the Data information for the Data portion of your first CNAME record in your provider’s DNS settings.
- Repeat to add the other two CNAME records from Upsales.
- Save the new CNAME records in your provider’s DNS settings.
Once you’ve added the three CNAME records to your provider’s DNS settings, it may take some time to verify your domain, depending on your host traffic. Then your domain will be shown as verified inside of Upsales.