You can add as many fields as you wish to a form. There are three different types of fields to choose from: Fields already created in Upsales, Opt-in & Terms, and Form specific fields.
This article covers:
- How to add fields already created in Upsales
- How to add opt-in & terms fields
- How to add form-specific fields
- How to delete a field
How to add fields already created in Upsales
These fields refer to existing fields on the Company and Contact Card in Upsales.
If the company and/or contact is new, they're created in Upsales and information provided in the form is added.
If the company and/or contact exists in your database, new information is added to their cards.
- Open your form and click Add field:
- Choose Fields already created in Upsales:
Click Company fields or Contact fields, and then scroll or use the search bar to find your chosen field:
- Click on the field to add to the form.
- To add different types of fields, click the Back button to continue editing.
How to add Opt-in & terms fields
These fields are for adding opt-in options for GDPR terms and other agreements. You'll need Administrator access and then:
- Click Settings → Marketing → Opt-in & terms:
- Click one of the available opt-in templates or create a new template:
- Click the toggle if opt-in is required:
How to add form-specific fields
These are fields containing information only visible through form submits. They won't be saved to Company or Contact cards.
- Click Add field:
- Click Form specific field:
- Click on the type of field you wish to add. Options are:
- Checkbox (one or more can be checked)
- Radio buttons (only one option can be chosen)
- Single select dropdown
- Text field (512 characters maximum)
- Text area
- Click your chosen field and it's automatically added to your form. Then click on the field to customise with your words. Below is an edited radio button field:
How to delete or edit a field
- Hover over the field and click Show options:
- Click the Trash icon or edit the field: