Upsales uses REST API, which means that you can create, fetch or update anything in your Upsales account via an integrated or custom application using an API key that you generate in Upsales.
The API key has unlimited access to modify your Upsales account. Therefore, we strongly recommend:
- Restricting access to the API key
- Restricting actions they can perform
- Creating a separate API key for each integration, for tracking actions and troubleshooting integrations
To generate an API key, complete the following steps:
- To activate the API add-on, click Settings → Account → Billing portal → API:
- Click Add-ons and activate the API add-on:
- Click Settings → Account → Security → API keys:
- The API keys screen shows any API keys you have previously created. Click New API key.
- In the Create API key screen, enter Name to help you identify this API key:
- Select Generate key.
The unique API key is displayed. This is the only time this key will be displayed:
- Select Click to copy to copy the API key to your computer's clipboard.
- Paste the API key in a safe location for storage.
- Select Close to close the Create API key screen.
Replace an API Key
To make changes to an existing API key, you can replace it with a new API key.
Select the trash can icon next to the API key to remove it from your account. That API integration will no longer work:
Then create a new API key, using it in all the places where the previous version was used.
For additional documentation on programming API key usage, refer to the Upsales API documentation.