This article includes information on:
- Add a new company, or add data to an existing company
- Adding a Company manually
- Updating a company
- Removing a company
Add a new company, or add data to an existing company
You can add a new company with complete company data or add data to an existing company. The company data is by Bisnode's company database. When adding a company from Bisnode you'll get the following data:
- Correct company name
- Basic contact information
- Company financials (revenue, EBT)
- Company data (number of employees, VAT no, industry)
- Visiting address
- Postal address
- To add a new company or add data to an existing company, go to Companies (under CRM tab)
- Click Add company button
- Search for the company you wish to add
- Scroll down to Bisnode results
- Hover mouse pointer over the blue + sign, on the same row as the company you wish to add.
- Choose if you want to create a new company or add the data to an existing company.
- If you click Add to existing, choose which company on the next screen.
If you click Add as new, the company is added and you'll be brought to the company card.
Adding a Company manually
- Go to Companies (under CRM tab)
- To add a new company, click + Create company from the top of the list.
- Enter the name of the company. As you type, Upsales searches to see if you already have the company listed, or if it is in our company database. If the company is on Bisnode, you can select the + to the right of the company name to add it as a new company or apply the information to an existing listing.
- If the company is not listed, select Create the company manually to open the Create company window.
To edit an existing company, select the edit icon at the top right of the company card.
To complete or update the company details, complete the Create Company screen as follows:
- Enter the company Phone number.
- Enter the company Website.
- The current user is automatically added as the Account Manager. You can select the X next to the name to remove it. You can also add additional account managers by selecting from a list.
- If you want to associate a parent company with this company select it from the Parent company drop down list.
- To assign one or more categories to the company, select them from the Categories drop down list.
- To assign one or more campaigns to the company, select them from the Campaigns drop down list.
- The Customer Journey is automatically added as Lead, but you can manually change the company's status here at any time.
- You can enter up to 5 addresses for the company using the following address tabs:
- Visit address
- Billing address
- Postal address
- Delivery address
- Other address
- Enter any other applicable Other information.
- Select Insert Signature next to Notes to automatically add your user name and the current date and time to the Notes for this company. You can include additional text as a note that will show in the Sidebar for the Company card.
- Select Save.
Updating a Company
If you've added a company using one of our data sources, you can update the company's details, based on your available company purchases.
To update a company, select the Update company data icon at the top right of the company card.
Select Update in the confirmation window to retrieve current information about that company from different data sources, including economic info, number of employees, industry, etc.
Removing a Company
When you remove a company all related items are also permanently deleted from your account.
To remove a company from your database, complete the following steps:
- Select the Remove icon at the top right of the company card.
The confirmation window shows any affected items (activities, website visitors, contacts, etc.).
- Enter the company name to confirm deletion of the company.
- Select Delete company and related items.