Within your Sales process you can identify decision-makers. The people with the power to approve or reject your deals.
You can define your decision-makers by their job title, or by their role as a stakeholder within the deal.
Upsales gives you two options for your Sales process:
These are based on the data you have in Upsales.
The job title option is useful when:
- You have full visibility over your prospect organisation and its hierarchy
- Group emails/communication may include every decision-maker and their job title
- There's an established sales process
- You have clarity over job titles. For example, knowing who's the decision-maker between a CMO and the Marketing Director
These are based on the MEDDIC sales process (Metrics, Economic buyer, Decision criteria, Decision process, Identify pain, Champion).
The stakeholder option is useful when:
- Decision-makers are involved, but not in a way that matches their job title or day-to-day functions
- You have to identify decision-makers who are less visible, maybe behind a PA or with a less common job title
- You're unsure how buying decisions are made within the organisation
- A decision-maker has just started in their role, but doesn't yet have enough authority or understanding to make a decision