Visma.net is the most complete ERP solution for large businesses. Work seamlessly with your orders and invoices in Upsales together with Visma.net.
With the Visma app, you can now work seamlessly with your sales in Upsales by automatically creating invoices or orders in Visma. It's easy to get started and simple to use.
Who should use the Visma App?
If you have a sales organization working with Upsales and use Visma.net to manage your accounting, you won't have to spend time creating invoices for each new sale. That's because the app automatically creates an invoice in Visma when your sales rep has closed a deal in Upsales.
If you're new to Upsales and already have products in Visma, you'll be ready to get selling much quicker. That's because we import your products into Upsales when you activate the app.
This article covers:
- Activate Visma.net app
- Using the Visma.net app
- App settings
- App field mapping
Activate Visma.net app
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Click App directory.
- Locate Visma.NET in the Apps list.
- On the next screen, click Activate.
- Select Accept terms to continue.
- Connect your Visma.net account by clicking on Authorize on Visma.net.
- You will be redirected to Visma.net where you sign in to the account you wish to connect.
- Click on Allow access.
- Select what organization you wish to integrate with Upsales. You can only select one.
General app settings
Before you can get started using the app there are a few settings that must be set up.
- Select order stage in Upsales. When an opportunity is set to this stage the app will create an order in Visma.net containing the information from this opportunity. The most common is Closed order (100%).
- Select what the purchase cost should be based on in Upsales. Choose between Average cost or Last cost.
- Select a default warehouse in Visma.net for your non-stock items.
- Set up the default credit terms for your orders. This can be overwritten by your own custom fields in the advanced settings. The most common is 30 days.
- Click on Continue to activate the app (or continue to set up advanced settings, this is optional and not required to
- Click on Save and start import. We will import products, customers, and contacts from Visma.net to your Upsales account. If you have a lot of data in Visma.net this might take up to a day to finish.
Congratulations! 🎉 You have successfully activated the Visma.net application. Now you are ready to work more efficiently with your sales and finances.
In the advanced settings, you can add more data into the products, companies, orders, and contacts that should be included in the integration.
Toggles: Update settings
Select fields: Choose to create a new custom field where the information should be placed, or select one of your already created custom fields to be used instead.
Using the Visma.net app
Initializing the Visma.net app
When the app is activated all products, contacts, and companies in Visma.net will be imported to Upsales.
Create: Orders or Invoices
Create an order in Upsales
When the order is set to the configured stage (see general app settings), the order will be exported to Visma. The following information will be included:
- Order & Order rows
A Sales Order or Customer Invoice will be created in Visma.net depending on the following:
- If the order only contains only non-stock items: A Customer Invoice will be created in Visma.net.
- If the order contains only stock items: A Sales Order will be created in Visma.net.
- If the order contains a mix of stock & non-stock items: A Sales Order will be created in Visma.net.
- If the toggle "Export all orders as Sales Orders" is turned on in Advanced app settings: A Sales Order will be created in Visma.net for all orders created in Upsales.
Create an order or invoice in Visma.net
No order will be created in Upsales.
Update: Orders or Invoices
Update an order in Upsales
Updates to an order in Upsales will also be reflected on the Order or Invoice in Visma.net.
Once an Invoice or Order has been created in Visma.net, we will not change the type (Order or Invoice type) due to updates to the Order in Upsales. Meaning: if a stock item is added to an Invoice in Visma.net, the Invoice will not be changed to an Order, the stock items will simply be added to the Invoice.
Update an order in Visma.net
No updates to an order or invoice in Visma.net will be reflected on the order in Upsales.
Create a new company in Upsales
No new company will be created in Visma.net.
If an order containing a new company is exported to Visma.net, then the new company will also be created in Visma.net.
Create a new company in Visma.net
No new company will be created in Upsales.
Update company in Upsales
If a company that has been imported from Visma.net, or that has been exported from Upsales to Visma.net, is updated in Upsales the changes will also be updated instantly in Visma.net.
Update company in Visma.net
No changed will be done to the company in Upsales.
Create a new product in Upsales
No new products will be created in Visma.net.
Create a new product in Visma.net
If a new product is created in Visma.net it will also be created in Upsales.
- If the setting webhook notification is activated on the product, it will be created in Upsales instantly.
- Else, the product will be created in Upsales within a couple of hours
Update a product in Upsales
No updates will be reflected in Visma.net.
Update a product in Visma.net
If a product is updated in Visma.net it will also be updated in Upsales.
- If the setting webhook notification is activated on the product, it will be updated in Upsales instantly.
- Else, the product will be updated in Upsales within a couple of hours
Product price setup
The product price will follow the following logic:
- Product price in Upsales will be set to the actve price of type base.
- If a price of type base with promotion status is active, the promotion price will be used.
- If a product does not have an active base price in the price list, then the default price will be used instead. Default price can be found in the price/cost information tab, under the item information, in Visma.net.
Purchase cost setup
Stock-items: In the app settings, select if Average cost or Last cost should be used for the purchase cost of the stock-items. If Average cost is empty, Last cost will be used. If both are empty, the cost will be set to 0.
See Cost price statistics
Non-stock items: Current cost will be used if the effective date is todays' date or a past date. If the effective date is a future date, Last cost will be used.
See Standard cost
App field mapping
In the description below you can see how the fields in Visma.net will be imported to Upsales, and how the fields in Upsales will be imported to Visma.net. (Coming soon)