Prerequisite: You'll need to set up the website visits tracking script before you can see your website visitors.
This article includes information on:
Also see these related articles:
- Setting up the website visits tracking script
- Upsales Cookie
- Scoring Your Website Pages to Generate a Lead Score
- Exclude Companies from the Website Visitors list
- How to install the website tracking script to your WordPress website
Opening the Website Visitors List
To view companies, select Website visits under Marketing on your Upsales Home page. Or complete the following steps:
Select the Marketing tab.
Select the arrow next to Website visitors.
Select All visits or any of your saved lists.
The list of website visitors you selected is displayed.
Viewing the Website Visitors Lists
The Website visitors lists provide an overview of information about companies who have visited the web pages where you have installed the tracking script. This list can provide great insights into what’s generating traction in your different marketing channels, so you can quickly turn website visitors into leads. You can also easily assign a user to a company.
- Company name - opens the company card to the timeline
- History overview - shows if there are activities/appointments, opportunities, or orders (hover the mouse over each icon to see more details)
- City - shows the city for the company’s associated address
- Account Manager(s) assigned to that company or a link to Assign
- Lead score - total score generated by this company, based on how you have scoring set up
- Lead source - indicates where the website visit was generated from
Note that if the company is not defined in your Upsales database, the visit will be labeled as “Unidentified visit.” If a company is identified, but not in your database, you can select Add next to the company name to add it.
Click on a row to expand it and see more details about that company’s page visits. For each visit, you can see the time the contact spent on that page, the Page Title, and the page URL, as well as the Lead score generated for that visit.
To find a specific company in the list, enter the first few letters of the company’s name in the Quick Search field at the top right.
To customize your Website visitors list, you can:
Once you have customized a list, you can save that view to return to it easily later.