The Zendesk app helps your sales staff stay up-to-date with any issues that customers may have by making current and past tickets available within Upsales. Note that you’ll want to make sure that your customers in Zendesk are set up as that match the customer name in Upsales.
The Administrator of the account activates the Zendesk app and sets up the integration.
Activating the Zendesk Integration
To activate the Zendesk app, complete the following steps:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select Apps.
- From the Apps list, select Zendesk.
- On the Zendesk screen, select Activate.
The Settings tab of the Zendesk screen opens.
Setting Up the Zendesk app
The Zendesk integration requires a few different pieces of information that all work together to allow Zendesk and Upsales to communicate your customer ticket information. Your Zendesk administrator can help you locate the required information.
To set up the Zendesk integration, complete the following steps:
- Generate an in Zendesk and copy it. On the Upsales Zendesk screen, paste the Zendesk API Token.
- Enter the email of the user who generated the API token in the Zendesk API Email address field
- Enter your Zendesk API URL. It will be at your Zendesk support domain, such as:
- . For example:
- Enter your Zendesk Subdomain. The is a unique identifier that you can identify from the URL (i.e., https://[yoursubdomain].zendesk.com) or by checking the Zendesk Admin home page.
- Enter the Number of days to search in Zendesk for applicable tickets. The default is 30 days.
Using the Zendesk Integration
Stay up-to-date with any customer issues by viewing open or closed tickets for that customer.
When you have set up the Zendesk Integration, a company’s account page will show the Zendesk widget on the left side of the screen if both of the following conditions are met:
- The Company’s name in Upsales matches an organization name in Zendesk
- The Company has open tickets or closed tickets in the time frame you defined when setting up the Zendesk integration.
The Zendesk widget shows the number of Open tickets and the number of Closed tickets.
To view a ticket, select the View Open Tickets or View Closed Tickets drop down list and select a specific ticket.
The ticket opens so that you can view the details of the conversation with both the agent and customer responses.