In Form Settings, you can change the internal form name, customize the after-submit page, set up form actions and enable custom scripts.
By customizing the after-submit page you'll create a more personal experience, and be able to present the visitor with custom content such as a video or a downloadable whitepaper.
Setting up form actions can be a very effective way to keep track of leads coming from form submits. You can, for example, assign leads to a specific user or role.
This article will cover:
- Change internal form name
- Customize After-submit page
- Setting up form actions
- Custom scripts
- Save your form
To find Form Settings, click the Settings tab or Settings button
Change internal form name
- If you wish to change the internal form name, simply type a new name in the box.
Customize After-submit page
After a visitor has submitted a form, they will arrive at an After-submit-page (also known as a Thank you-page). You can edit the heading of this page, the paragraph text and you add a content type that will show together with the text. The available content types are:
Button: Add a button with custom text and link
File: Let the visitor download a file by clicking either a button or and image.
Image: Show an image
Text: add as much text as you'd like with a rich text editor
Video: Let the visitor watch a video
- To customize the After-submit page, go to After-submit page settings by clicking the tab or scrolling down.
- Edit the title / heading and paragraph text by editing the text in the text fields.
- Select content type by clicking on the content type you wish to add.
- Locate your content and add it.
- You're done!
Redirect to another after-submit page
You can choose to have your own after-submit page.
- To choose your own after-submit page. Click the Redirect to another page toggle, under After-submit page.
- Enter the URL of the page you wish to redirect to.
When a visitor has submitted a form, you can add actions that will take effect when this happens.
- Go to Form actions by clicking the Form actions tab or scrolling down.
- Marketing score will always to added to a contact who submitted a form, but you can change the score if you wish. To change the marketing score, click the points.
- To add form actions, click Add more actions
- Choose an action. You can choose among the following actions:
Send notification email: Enter the email addresses to users who should get an email when a form has been submitted. You can also edit the subject and content, just like in an ordinary email editor.
Assign: Choose an Upsales user or role that will get assigned the lead
Update companies: Choose among many company settings that can be updated for a company that submits the form.
Update contact: Choose among many contact settings that can be updated for a contact that submits the form.
Send webhook: Add custom webhook to take action after form submit
Create activity: Create an activity for a Upsales user after form submit
Form submit: Send a previously created e-mail template to contact who submitted the form.
- You can add one of each action.
Google Analytics and other services can be added to the form.
- To add custom scripts, go to Custom scripts under Settings > Custom scripts
- Add any customs scripts by pasting them in the black box.
Save your form
When you're done, save your form.
- Saving the form is the last step. The Save & Close button will appear in the upper right corner when you're in the Settings tab.
- Click Save & close
Once you've saved your form, you'll be brought to the Form Dashboard. This where you view statistics for the form, and configure the Publishing Options.