Connect a personal email to Upsales to send one-to-one emails from the CRM and to take advantage of Upsales tacking capabilities (open and click tracking). If you do not use Upsales Gmail or Office 365 integration you will need to connect your Email through IMAP.
- Send emails directly inside Upsales
- Track recipient actions. See if they’ve opened or clicked the email in Upsales
- See all sent emails inside Upsales and in your Sent folder in your email
To connect a personal email with IMAP:
- In the dialog that appears, select to connect with Other (IMAP)
- Accept the terms & conditions for this app
- Enter the email address and password used to log into your email account
- Add your email SMTP host, see below for examples
- Add your email servers Port, see below for examples
- Click Save
Example of the information you will need from your email service:
This information is usually found in your email providers' settings, read more below.
Find your email server's IMAP and SMTP information
Your IT team should be able to provide your email server's IMAP and SMTP information. If not, you can take the steps below to find them in your email client:
Outlook for Mac
- Click Outlook in your Mac's toolbar.
- Select Preferences, then click Accounts.
- In the left sidebar, click on the account you want to connect to Upsales.
- Find the fields for Outgoing server. The longer text box is the server name and the text box towards the right is the port. Use this information when setting up your connected inbox in Upsales.
Outlook for PC
- In Outlook, click File. Then navigate to Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, double-click on the account you want to connect to Upsales.
- Below Server Information, you can find your outgoing mail server names.
To find the ports for each server, click More settings... > Advanced.