This means instead of the URL being https://pages.upsales.com/235092 you can now have your own sub-domain, for example, https://event.your-domain.com/event-title-goes-here.
Setting this up requires some DNS knowledge and you need to be able to access the DNS settings of the domain you'd like to use.
You must have Marketing Administrator access in your Upsales account to access the DNS settings.
This article guides you through the process:
- Generating Your Domain Setting DNS Records
- Creating the DNS Records with Your Domain Provider
- Verifying Your Domain
- Selecting a Custom Domain for Event Landing Pages
Generating your domain setting DNS records
Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
2. Select Settings.
- From the left-hand menu, select Domains from the Marketing section.
- Both your Event domains and your Email domains are listed on the Domains settings page.
- Select Add event domain.
- Enter the domain you want your landing pages to use. For example, if you enter example.com, your event landing page URL would be: https://.event.example.com/event-name-goes-here
- Select Save.
- Open the info-icon to the right of your domain name to view the DNS settings.
You'll need to copy the Host and Data information from these records to paste into the DNS records for your domain provider.
Creating the DNS records with your domain provider
The exact process and location of the DNS records will vary, depending on which domain provider you use. However, here are some general steps to guide you through the process.
- Log in to your website or email provider's domain settings.
- Find the DNS settings.
- Add a record with the record type as CNAME.
- Copy the Host information for the CNAME record you generated for your custom domain for events.
- Paste the Host information in the new record you created (as the Host portion of the record) in your provider's DNS settings.
- Copy the Data information for the CNAME record you generated for your custom domain.
- Paste the Data information for the CNAME record in the new record you created (as the Data portion of the record) in your provider's DNS settings.
- Add a record with the record type as TXT.
- Copy and paste the TXT Host and DATA information for the new record you created in your provider's DNS settings.
Once you've added the CNAME and TXT record to your provider's DNS settings, it may take some time to verify your domain, depending on your host traffic.
Verifying your domain
Once you have added the DNS records, return to Upsales to verify the domain.
- On the Domains Settings page, select Verify.
Now you can select a custom domain for your landing pages when you create events.
Selecting a custom domain for event landing pages
Currently, custom domains for landing pages are only available for Upsales Events. This means you must be on the Upsales Max plan or purchase Upsales Events as an add-on for your package.
To select a custom domain for your event landing page, complete the following steps:
- When entering your event details, select your verified custom domain from the Custom landing page domain drop-down list.
- When you add a landing page as a resource for an event, the landing page URL will automatically use your custom domain, along with the event name you enter.
- To get the reCaptcha key and reCaptcha secret you have to have a Google account and get the keys in Admin Console, read more in the next section.
Using ReCaptcha on landing pages with custom domains
If you want to use spam protection with ReCaptcha on your landing page you will need to create a reCaptcha account and then generate your key and secret (also known as a public and private key).
The reCaptcha keys are there for Google to verify you as the correct owner of the domain. If you don’t have any form on your landing page, you don’t need to have the keys.
Once you've created your reCaptcha account, copy and paste the key and secret into your domain settings for landing pages.