This means instead of the URL being https://pages.upsales.com/235092 you have your own sub-domain, for example, https://event.your-domain.com/event-title-goes-here.
Setting this up requires some DNS knowledge and you need to be able to access the DNS settings of the domain you'd like to use.
You need Marketing Administrator access in your Upsales account to access the DNS settings.
This article guides you through the process:
- Generating your domain setting DNS records
- Using ReCaptcha
- Creating the DNS records with your domain provider
- Verifying your domain
- Selecting a custom domain for event landing pages
- Using your API key for Google Maps integration
Generating your domain setting DNS records
Click Settings → Marketing → Domains:
- Your custom domains and email domains are listed on the Domain settings page:
- Click Add domain:
- Enter the domain you want your landing pages to use. For example, if you enter example.com, your event landing page URL would be: https://event.example.com/event-name-goes-here
- (optional) Add a reCaptcha key and secret
Using ReCaptcha on landing pages with custom domains
Want to use spam protection with ReCaptcha on your landing page? Create a reCaptcha account and then generate your key and secret (also known as a public and private key).
The reCaptcha keys are there for Google to verify you as the correct owner of the domain. If you don’t have any form on your landing page, you don’t need to have the keys.
After you've created your reCaptcha account, copy and paste the key and secret into your domain settings for landing pages.
- Click Save
- Click the info icon (marked in red below) to view DNS settings:
Copy the Host and Data information from these records to paste into the DNS records for your domain provider.
Creating the DNS records with your domain provider
These vary and depend on your domain provider. Here are some general steps to guide you through the process.
- Login to your website or email provider's domain settings.
- Find the DNS settings.
- Add a record with the record type as CNAME.
- Copy the Host information for the CNAME record you generated for your custom domain for events.
- Paste the Host information in the new record you created (as the Host portion of the record) in your provider's DNS settings.
- Copy the Data information for the CNAME record you generated for your custom domain.
- Paste the Data information for the CNAME record in the new record you created (as the Data portion of the record) in your provider's DNS settings.
- Add a record with the record type as TXT.
- Copy and paste the TXT Host and DATA information for the new record you created in your provider's DNS settings.
Once you've added the CNAME and TXT record to your provider's DNS settings, it may take some time to verify your domain, depending on your host traffic.
Verifying your domain
Once you have added the DNS records, return to Upsales to verify the domain.
- On the Domain Settings page, select Verify.
Now you can select a custom domain for your landing pages when you create events.
Selecting a custom domain for event landing pages
To select a custom domain for your event landing page, complete the following steps:
- When entering your event details, select your verified custom domain from the Custom landing page domain dropdown list.
- When you add a landing page as a resource for an event, the landing page URL will automatically use your custom domain, along with the event name you enter.
- To get the reCaptcha key and reCaptcha secret you have to have a Google account and get the keys in Admin Console
Using your API key for Google Maps integration
You can integrate Google Maps into your landing pages to show your venue location.
For the steps below, you'll first need to generate your Google Maps API key (if you don't already have one)
- Click Settings → Marketing → Domains:
- The Google Maps API field appears when you edit or add a domain:
- Enter your Google Maps API key and click Save