The Opportunities list helps you manage your Upsales potential orders. Create a new opportunity to add to your Opportunities list. Opportunities also show on the Sales Board, depending on your configuration.
Every opportunity you create needs a product. Your admin creates products on the Products settings page.
This article includes information on:
- How to create a new opportunity
- How to upload a file to an opportunity
- How to create a copy of an opportunity
How to create a new opportunity
- Click Sales & CRM → Opportunities:
- Click Add opportunity:
- Find the Company from the Company list. Either scroll down the list or start typing the company name:
- Select the Contact from the Contact list for the selected company. Either scroll down the list or start typing the contact name:
- Enter a Description to add more information about the opportunity:
- Enter or select a proposed Close date:
- The opportunity stages are shown, next to a percentage showing the probability they will close.
These may be customised by the Administrator, but default stages include:
- Fallback - uncertainty about the opportunity outcome. It can also be used if you haven’t yet set the next step for this company.
- Prospect 1 - the contact is ready to move forward after the first appointment.
- Prospect 2 - with default likelihood at 50%, the decision-maker may have agreed to the price and timeframe.
- Verbal agreement - the sale is likely to be pending, and subject to signing a contract.
- Completed - no order - indicates that the customer decided not to buy.
- Completed - order - indicates a closed sale.
- You can select an Order relation if the company has one in the database. Or select New Relation to enter a new one:
- If the opportunity is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the dropdown list:
- Add the Order details and any discounts:
- To add more products, click Add order row. Then add any custom fields, notes, or signatures. When you're finished, click Save:
- When you want to edit the opportunity, simply return to Sales & CRM → Opportunities:
- Click the opportunity, make your edits, and click Save:
How to upload a file to an opportunity
You can upload files, such as contracts, to attach to an opportunity.
- Open the opportunity from the Opportunities list or the Sales Board.
- Click Upload file:
- Drag the file to the Upload file window or click Upload to go to the file location and select it:
- Repeat to add more files, and click Save when you're done
How to create a copy of an opportunity
You can create a copy of an opportunity to start a new item just like it for repeat orders or even similar product orders for different companies.
- Open the opportunity.
- Select Create copy:
- This creates a copy of the opportunity. Make your edits and click Save.