Selling multiple products in a single discounted deal? Use the Product Bundles feature to package and manage them together.
This article (there's also an overview article) covers:
- How to create a Product Bundle
- How to add Product Bundle costs or discounts (with example)
- How to add products to a Bundle
- How to add & edit a Product Bundle in an opportunity, order, or subscription
How to create a Product Bundle
- Activate the Advanced Order Logic add-on
- Make sure you have Admin permissions
- Click Settings → CRM → Products
- Tick the Product Bundles box:
- Click +Bundle:
- Choose the Product Bundle's product type
Product Bundles work with all current Sales models (Order value, Recurring revenue and Contribution margin).
Working with the Recurring Revenue Sales model? You can choose either one-off or subscription products (see example below).
- The choice defines the types of products you can add. If you choose one-off products, you won't be able to add subscription products. If you choose subscription products, you won't be able to add one-off products:
- Add the Product Bundle name
- Choose if you want specific roles to use the Product Bundle. A user can still add a bundle to an opportunity even if they don't have permission to use a product included in the bundle.
- Click if you want to restrict the Product Bundle to a specific category:
- Awesome! You're now ready to add the Product Bundle costs or discounts
How to add Product Bundle costs or discounts
You have three options to add on top of the product's own prices:
Use the sum of products
The Product Bundle adds up the total of each product price within the Bundle.
The Product Bundle adds up the total of each product price within the Bundle. You can then add the discount.
|The Product Bundle adds up the total of each product price within the Bundle. You can then add an additional cost.|
Example: Product Bundle discount vs opportunity discount
Let's say your Product Bundle has a 5% discount.
Now you add it to an opportunity, where you add a 20% discount on the order row.
This scenario equals a 24% discount on the same product. This is because the 20% discount is calculated on the already 5% discounted value.
In the example below, the Product Bundle has a 5% discount:
After you've added the costs or discounts, it's time to add the Product Bundle's products.
How to add products to a Product Bundle
- Click +Add product
- Click the Select product dropdown and add the product
- The Product Bundle total will automatically include your chosen cost or discount:
- Under Amount, add the number of products. This field supports decimals. So imagine a sales rep sells a bundle with products that are 1 "charging box" and 0.7 metres of cable. The buyer wants to buy 17 charging boxes. The amount will show 11.9 (0.7 metres of cable X 17):
- In the example below, the Product Bundle has a 5% discount:
How to add & edit a Product Bundle in an opportunity, order, or subscription
Bundles are marked with a bundle icon to help you easily find them
- Create an opportunity, or an order, or a subscription
- The Product Bundle will appear in the dropdown
- Once a bundle is added, it shows how many products are included. Click the blue box to view the included products, and edit the quantity of products.