Discover how to manage products in Upsales.
This article covers:
- Adding products
- Deleting products
- Adding product categories
- Removing product categories
- Changing product views
- Click Settings → CRM → Products:
- Click the New product button:
- Enter the product fields:
- Product name: The product name is used to populate opportunity orders.
- Place under category: The Product category must be created first.
- Roles: Restrict which roles can add this product to orders.
- Product type: Select:
- One-off: One-time purchase, which generates one invoice.
- Subscription: Makes the Create subscription from this order button available when a deal is closed (or moved to the Won stage). This allows you to create multiple invoices, that will be sent out at specific times:
- Enter the price fields. You can click on Unit price to add the amount and currency that's charged per unit of the product
- Then you can click the Purchased at cost tab. This is your company's cost to offer the product. It is used to determine the contribution margin:
- Alternatively, you can click Tiered:
- Enter the price for the first tier. Then add the tier range in the Start and End boxes:
- Click Add tier row to repeat the process for as many tiers as you have
- When you're finished, click the Save button.
Using multiple products? Group them quickly with Product Bundles
You can delete a product if it's not added to an order or subscription.
Click the trash icon in the product row to delete:
Adding product categories
To add products to Upsales, first add product categories
- Click Settings → CRM → Categories:
- Click the New product category button:
- Enter the product category fields, as necessary:
- Product category name
- Place under category (sub-category)
- Optional: Roles: Restrict which roles can add products in this category:
- Click Save
Removing product categories
You can remove product categories if they have not been used:
- Click Settings → CRM → Categories
- Hover over the category to remove.
Note: There must be a 0 next to the title to indicate there are no products associated:
- Click the trash button:
- Click the Remove button:
Changing product views
You can switch between list and tree views with tabs to view products and product categories: