This article covers:
See our Swedish video tutorial here.
- Click Settings → CRM → Products:
- Click the New product button:
- Enter the product fields:
- Product name: The product name is used to populate opportunity orders.
- Place under category: The Product category must be created first.
- Roles: Restrict which roles can add this product to orders.
- Product type: Select:
- One-off: One-time purchase, which generates one invoice.
- Subscription: Makes the Create subscription from this order button available when a deal is closed (moved to the Won stage). This allows you to create multiple invoices, that will be sent out at specific times:
- Enter the price fields. You can click on Unit price to add the amount and currency that's charged per unit of the product. Then you can click the Purchased at cost tab. This is your company's cost to offer the product. It is used to determine the contribution margin.
- Alternatively you can click Tiered:
- Enter the price for the first tier. Then add the tier range in the Start and End boxes:
- Click Add tier row to repeat the process for as many tiers as you have
- When you're finished, click the Save button.
You can delete a product if it's not added to an order or subscription.
Click the trash icon in the product row to delete:
Adding product categories
In order to add products to Upsales, you must first add product categories.
To add product categories in the Upsales platform follow these steps:
- Click Settings → CRM → Categories:
- Click the New product category button:
- Enter the product category fields, as necessary:
- Product category name
- Place under category (sub-category)
- Optional: Roles: Restrict which roles can add products in this category:
- Click Save
Removing product categories
You can remove product categories if they have not been used:
- Click Settings → CRM → Categories
- Hover over the category to remove.
Note: There must be a 0 next to the title to indicate there are no products associated:
- Click the trash button:
- Click the Remove button: