Have lots of products that are often sold together? Or products that need to be sold together as one group? You can create a Product Bundle that includes the products, plus any extra costs or discounts.
When to use Product Bundles
- Works with opportunities, orders, and the latest version of Upsales Subscriptions
- Can contain tiered products
- Can contain one-off products or subscription products
When not to use Product Bundles
- Importing products as a bundle is currently not supported
- Combining bundles with calculating fields is currently not supported
- Bundles can't contain custom fields
- Bundles can't have an article number
This article covers:
- Where to find Product Bundles
- Which sales models work with product Bundles
- Restricting Product Bundles
- Setting the price of a Product Bundle
- Using tiered products in Product Bundles
- Analysing Product Bundles
- How Product Bundles will work with an ERP
Where to find Product Bundles
- Make sure you have activated the Advanced Order Logic add-on
- Make sure you have Admin permissions
- Click Settings → CRM → Products:
- Click the +Bundle button to create your Product Bundle:
- After you've created a Product Bundle, they'll appear when you create opportunities, orders, or subscriptions
Bundles appear with a Bundle icon to help you easily find them
Which sales models work with Product Bundles
Bundles work with all current Sales models (Order value, Recurring revenue and Contribution margin).
If you're using the Recurring Revenue Sales model, your Product Bundles can contain either one-off or subscription products.
Restricting Product Bundles
Product Bundles work much like regular products. You can restrict them to selected roles and product categories.
A user can still add a bundle to an opportunity – even if they don't have permission to use a product included in the bundle
Setting the price of a Product Bundle
There are 3 options for creating the Product Bundle price:
- Sum total of all products contained in the Product Bundle
- Sum total of all products contained in the Product Bundle + additional cost
- Sum total of all products contained in the Product Bundle + discount
Using tiered products in Product Bundles
A Product Bundle isn't tiered (it's not possible to add a Product Bundle within a Product Bundle). However, you can add tiered products to a Product Bundle.
Scenario 1: Customer requests a quote for a Product Bundle called “SaaS”.
The Product Bundle includes 3 products:
Customer wants to buy one “SaaS” package.
SaaS bundle price will be calculated based on the price of tiered 1, tiered 3 and tiered 20 for respective sub-products. Price: 250,000 SEK.
Scenario 2: Same as above, but now the customer wants to buy 3 “SaaS” Product Bundles
Upsales calculates each Product Bundle individually and multiplies by 3.
Analysing Product Bundles
Product Bundles are analysed just like your regular products in Upsales Report Centre.
How Product Bundles will work with an ERP
Upsales doesn't currently adapt the ERP integration for Product Bundles. Upsales will send over the bundle product to ERP and not the sub-products.
Product Bundles is available for customers using:
- ✅ PE Accounting (Bundle products will be sent over to PE)
Product Bundles isn't yet available for customers using: