Explore what makes up a subscription in Upsales.
This article covers:
- Order frequency & period length
- Initial start date
- Start date current period
- Renewal date
- Termination date
- Advance orders
Order frequency & period length
When creating or editing your agreement, two fields determine how often a new order should be created and during what time period.
Let's say you set the period length to 12 months. You'd like to create an order every quarter (every three months). With these settings, four orders will be created during the 12 months.
Initial start date
This field doesn't affect the order. It's used for displaying when the agreement/order was signed by the customer.
Start date current period
This field determines when the first order will be created for the agreement.
This is when the next set of orders will be created by the agreement.
The field is by default populated by the information in 'start date current period' plus the 'period length' you've entered.
You can change this date and add additional days/months to the order period.
This is the date when no more orders will be created by the agreement.
By default it's set to 'Never'.
This is a great feature for invoicing your customers before the subscription period starts.
- Click Settings → CRM → Subscriptions (to view you need the permission of Administrator to access Subscription settings)
- Click the toggle button next to create orders in advance:
- Choose a default option or click +Add option to customise the number of days in advance:
- Click Save