Note: This article explains an old version of Subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get upgraded to the latest version for free. For more info, see our video guide about the new version or read more here.
How to create and preview subscriptions.
Prerequisite: Your admin first creates the products on the Products settings page.
- Click Sales & CRM → Subscriptions → +Create subscription:
- This opens the Period Billing part of the subscription:
- Select the Order interval from the dropdown list.
- Select the Period length for the subscription from the dropdown list.
- Enter the Initial start date for the subscription.
- Enter the Start date for the current period.
- Enter the Renewal date based on the period length. You can also increase or decrease the amount of time, such as when you want to give the customer an extra month.
- Enter the Termination date to indicate when Upsales should stop automatically generating orders for this subscription.
- Choose whether to Create orders in advance (this can send an invoice ahead of renewal time).
- Enter a Description to provide more information about the subscription.
- Insert your signature and any notes.
- Select Next to go to the Order details:
- Select the Company from the Company list. You can type the company name to narrow down the list of options.
- Using Sales process PRO? You can select a Relation if the company has one in the database.
- Select the Contact from the Contact list for the selected company. You can begin typing the person’s name to narrow down the list of options.
- You can select another User from the dropdown list to indicate another sales representative for this subscription.
- Enter or select a proposed Close date.
- If the subscription is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the dropdown list.
- Enter one or more Order rows.
- Select one of your Products from the dropdown list.
- You can modify the Quantity, Price, and Discount for the item as needed.
- Select Add order row to enter additional products for this subscription.
- Click Preview (Beta feature as of July 2022) to check everything you've added is correct
- This gives you a visual and text-based overview of the subscription. There's also a bar chart with a colour-coded legend. This shows showing orders, potential orders, lapsed orders, initial start dates, renewal dates:
- Either close and make changes, or click Save to create the subscription: