Reduce the chances of your audience unsubscribing from your communication. Create unsubscribe lists so they can choose which types of content to receive.
This article covers:
- Unsubscribe Lists: How it works
- Opening Unsubscribe Lists
- Creating a new Unsubscribe List
- Multiple language support
- Editing or deactivating an Unsubscribe List
- Working with an Unsubscribed User
Accidentally unsubscribed a contact? Here's how to resubscribe a contact
Unsubscribe lists: How it works
There are three steps:
The Administrator sets up Unsubscribe Lists to categorise email campaign content.
When users create an email, they can choose an Unsubscribe List
When selecting Unsubscribe at the bottom of an email, a screen appears offering multiple ways to unsubscribe. The screen checks the language used by the web browser, and can adjust the unsubscribe lists accordingly if you have set up the categories with multiple languages.
Opening Unsubscribe Lists
You need Administrator access to create Unsubscribe lists.
Click Settings → Marketing → Email settings → Unsubscribe lists:
Creating a New Unsubscribe List
To add a new Unsubscribe list, complete the following steps.
- Click New list:
- Add a Title and Description. The circles by each field turn completely blue when you have no remaining characters available for that field.
- The Unsubscribe Lists screen defaults to English unless it detects that the web browser is displaying another language. To offer multiple languages, click the dropdown under Add language. Add the Title and Description for the category in the next language. Repeat to include multiple languages. Click the trash can to remove it from this category.
- Toggle the Activate button and click Save.
Editing or deactivating an Unsubscribe List
You can make changes to your Unsubscribe lists, or if you longer want to send that type of content, you can deactivate an Unsubscribe list.
- Click Settings → Marketing → Email settings → Unsubscribe lists
- Click the unsubscribe list you want to edit
- Update the Title and Description, or click the Active toggle button to deactivate the list:
- Click Save
Working with an unsubscribed User
You can see unsubscribed information in a user's contact information as illustrated below.
When creating a new email campaign, you will also see if selected recipients are unsubscribed from the type of email you have selected.
If you create a new contact with the unsubscribed email address, they stay unsubscribed. How to resubscribe a contact.