Give your customers the opportunity to only see the content most important to them with the Unsubscribe Lists feature. In this article, you'll learn how to create categories for your content that will help customers control what they receive from you.
This article will cover
- Working with Unsubscribe Lists
- Open Unsubscribe Lists
- Add a New Unsubscribe List
- Multiple language support
- Edit or Inactivate an Unsubscribe List
- Work with an Unsubscribed User
Working with Unsubscribe Lists
There are three steps in the process for allowing the end user to choose the content when unsubscribing:
First, your administrator will set up Unsubscribe Lists to categorize the content for your email campaigns.
When you create an email, you'll be able to select one of your Unsubscribe Lists to categorize that email campaign.
When selecting Unsubscribe at the bottom of an email, your customer sees a screen that allows a choice to only receive some types of content or unsubscribe from all content. A sample is illustrated below. This screen checks for the language the customer is using for the web browser, and can adjust the unsubscribe lists accordingly if you have set up the categories with multiple languages.
Open Unsubscribe Lists
You must have administrator access to create your Unsubscribe lists.
To add, edit, or inactivate an unsubscribe list, access the Unsubscribe lists screen as follows:
1. Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
2. Select Settings.
3. From the left-hand menu, select Email settings from the Marketing Automationsection. Select Unsubscribe Lists.
The Unsubscribe lists screen shows any lists you have created. The Newsletter list is created by default.
Add a New Unsubscribe List
- Select New Category from the Unsubscribe lists screen.
- In the Edit opt-out category screen, enter the Title of your list and a Description. The circles by each field turn completely blue when you have no remaining characters available for that field.
- The Unsubscribe Lists screen for the end user defaults to English unless it detects that the web browser is displaying another language. To have another language displayed for this category, select the language you want to use from the Add language list. Add the Title and Description for the category in the next language. Repeat to include multiple languages. Select the trash can icon next to a language to remove it from this category.
- Select Save.
Multiple language support
When managing your unsubscribe list options, you can add as many translations as you like. The language of the Unsubscribe page is based on the user's web browser language. If you haven't added a translation for a specific language, the unsubscribe page will default to English.
Note that the translations do not affect the email content.
Edit or Inactivate an Unsubscribe List
On the Unsubscribe lists screen, select the item you want to modify.
Make any necessary changes to the Title and Description in any of the languages you previously added. To have another language displayed for this category, select the language you want to use from the Add language list. Add the Title and Description for the category in the next language. Repeat to include multiple languages. Select the trash can icon next to a language to remove it from this category.
To remove this Unsubscribe list from the end user's choices of content when unsubscribing from your content, select the Active button to inactivate this list. You can select the Active button again to re-activate the list as needed.
- Select Save.
Work with an Unsubscribed User