Working in sales, one of your primary tools is the humble phone call. That's why your workflow is streamlined when prospecting and calling customers or leads. Use outcomes for fast and snappy logging of calls and see a quick overview of what has happened previously with the customer or lead.
This article covers:
- How to book phone calls
- How to prepare phone calls
- The history log
- How to create a phone call from an opportunity
- How to log a phone call that's already happened
This is a free upgrade to Activities. Once activated, all open Activities become phone calls.
How to book phone calls
The simplest way to plan phone calls is either to create them from the Tasks list or by clicking the + icon on the left-hand side of the screen:
Phone calls can also be created from other parts of the system:
- Opportunities and Orders
- Company Cards and Contact Cards
- From business rules such as triggers and automations
- From form actions
Simply add the relevant information and click the Create button:
Relating the phone call
The phone call can be related to an opportunity, contact, or company. It can also be related to an Appointment, To-do and Order as well. The relation will show up on the phone call panel, on the To-do list, and on an opportunity:
How to prepare phone calls
Once you have a few planned calls, it is time to start calling.
Click Sales & CRM → Tasks to open your Tasks list, where you can see your scheduled calls and other Activities:
Open a phone call by clicking one of the phone call rows and the phone call panel is opened:
This gives you information such as:
- Contact information (website, phone number, LinkedIn page)
- Goal of the call
- History with the contact
- You can also add the outcome with one click, then create a follow-up to keep things moving forward
Changes you make during the call are autosaved.
The history log
The history log shows all previous activity relating to the contact:
- When the call was created
- Who created the call
- Outcomes that have been logged
- If you have a softphone integration, the calls will show up in the history log.
You can also toggle the history log between the active phone call, the company, or the contacts history logs.
No need to click away from the phone call to see the history of the related contact or company.
Another time-saver is the option to select multiple phone calls at once. Open your Tasks, click the phone icon, and then click the dropdown to see different select options:
Click on your choice and you'll see options to:
- Delete selected
This action can't be undone
- Edit companies
Add campaigns, categories, account manager, journey status
- Edit contacts
Add campaigns, categories, journey status, title category
- Edit selected
Change date, user, add to call list, priority
- Mark as done
Close the phone calls or mark todo as done
How to create a phone call from an opportunity
To save you even more time, you can create phone calls, To-dos, and book appointments directly from an opportunity.
- Open the Opportunity
- Click the Tasks tab and you'll see options to plan a call, create a To-do or book an appointment:
How to log a phone call that's already happened
- Create a call as normal (Sales & CRM → Tasks → +sign → Plan a call):
- Click I've already had the call:
- Toggle the Set a due date button and choose a date in the past:
- You can also toggle to Add the phone call to a call list: