Here's how keep your contacts database growing and up-to-date.
This article covers:
How to add a contact
- Click Sales & CRM → Companies & contacts → All contacts to open the Contacts list:
- To add a new contact, click Add contact:
- Enter the name of the contact’s Company. As you begin typing, the company list is narrowed down. You can select Add company if the contact’s company is not yet in your company database.
- Enter the contact’s First name.
- Enter the contact’s Last name.
- Enter the contact’s Title.
- Use the Active toggle to separate active contacts from inactive contacts:
- Enter the contact’s business Phone number.
- Enter the contact’s Mobile phone number.
- Enter the contact’s Email.
- Click Title category to assign the Title:
- To assign one or more campaigns to the contact, select them from the Campaigns drop-down list.
- If they should be manually opted in to your campaign, click Manual opt-in and add the relevant campaign
- The Customer Journey is automatically added as Lead, but you can manually change the contact's status here at any time. However, if you have the sync for journey status between the company and contact turned on, the contact automatically has the same status as the company:
- Choose Insert Signature next to Notes to automatically add your user name and the current date and time to the Notes for this contact. You can include additional text as a note that will show in the Sidebar for the Contact card.
- Select Save.
How to edit a contact
- Click Sales & CRM → Companies & contacts → My contacts
- Use the search bar or filter to find the contact faster:
- Click the edit icon next to the contact name:
- Make your changes and click Save
How to add/edit activities for a contact
When you click on a contact, you can see and add Activities relating to the contact. You can also add comments. This is a free text box for you or your colleagues:
You can also pin comments, so they appear at the top of the contact's History: