Use custom fields to adapt Upsales for your needs and organise or segment your data.
Example: Use custom fields to be more granular when categorising contacts' job roles. For example, alongside IT Director you could add a custom field for "IT purchasing, decision maker, project manager". When your users then create a new contact, they can choose from those options for that field.
How to add Custom Fields
To create or edit custom fields, complete the following steps:
- Click Settings → CRM → Fields:
- Click where you want to attach the custom field:
- Scroll down to Custom fields and click Add field:
- Choose your Field type and click Next:
Tip: You can use the Notes field to show help text or disclaimers in fields (Notes and text fields have maximum 255 characters)
5. Give your field a name. If you have the Enterprise Security add-on, decide whether to restrict to specific roles.
You can also toggle:
Show any synced fields, such as Gmail integration
Enable the field to be edited
The field can appear in search results
Users have to complete the field