With Upsales you can create an email campaign, select multiple recipients, design and schedule the email, and track responses.
This article covers:
- Creating email campaigns
- Setting up email campaigns
- 1. Designing email campaigns
- 2. Selecting recipients
- 3. Updating settings and sending emails
- 4. Scheduling emails
- Finding email campaigns
Creating email campaigns
- Click Marketing → Email campaigns:
- Either click the +new email campaign button or click the +button on the left-hand side and then Email campaign:
- The “Let’s send some great emails” window displays:
- Add the Internal email campaign name. This is for you to search or identify the campaign later. It's only visible to your Upsales users.
By default it shows as the subject line for emails, which you can change before you send it out.
Naming conventions: Ideally you'll want a method for naming that's easy to remember and scalable. A 3-part approach can work well, such as Webinar - Product Release - 2020-Q3.
- Part 1: Campaign type, eg webinar, product release, newsletter.
- Part 2: Feature
- Part 3: Year or quarter. This format allows text to be sorted by date.
- Add the type of email. These relate to the subscription type. The email will have a link on the footer to unsubscribe. This link will bring the receiver to a page with a list of the Email types from which they can choose to unsubscribe.
- Click Next: Templates & design:
The template gallery displays.
Setting up email campaigns
Setting up the new email campaign is divided into:
- Settings & send
Switch between steps by clicking the tabs at the top of the screen:
1. Design an email campaign
- Click to choose templates you've created, from recent email campaigns, Upsales templates, or start with an empty template:
- Hover over your chosen template and click Select:
- You can now edit your email template.
We recommend editing directly within the template. Pasting text from other apps, such as Word or Google Docs, may mean you also paste extra html which can affect formatting.
- When you work with an existing template, click an element and the editing options appear automatically:
The font editor only includes fonts that are likely to be installed on your recipient's computer. This is to make sure your fonts will display and render correctly. That's why other types, including custom fonts, aren't included.
- When you've made the edits, click Preview to view the email or click Send test to send a test email:
- When you're happy with the email, click Next step:
2. Selecting recipients
- There are three ways to select your recipients. You can either click the field and search, or click to create new:
- sales campaigns
- contact lists
- After you've chosen, Upsales gives you a summary of your recipient data:
- When you're happy with the health of your list, click Next step:
3. Updating settings and sending emails
It's now time to complete the final settings:
- Internal email campaign name:
- The sender profile:
- Choose the sender by clicking the dropdown
- Add a subject – click tags to add a tag such as the contact's first name for added personalisation. Hover over the tag you want, click Copy and paste into your subject line:
Sending an email to multiple contacts with the same email address? Any personalisation tags will display details of the contact you've had the most recent activity with.
- Add pre-header text. This is the text recipients may see in their inbox before they open the email. Leave it blank and users will see the first few words in your email.
- Review the recipients:
- Review the links in the email, to make sure they're going to the right place:
- Add attachments (maximum combined total of 15mb)
- Choose to send or schedule your email:
4. Scheduling emails
When you click Schedule send, click in the date and time fields to choose when to send the email. You can change this any time up until two minutes before the scheduled time:
Finding email campaigns
You can always return to emails that are drafted, scheduled or sent.