Here's how to view different dimensions for your email campaign data.
This article covers:
- Accessing email campaigns
- Email campaign dashboard
- How email tracking works
Accessing email campaigns
To access the results of your email campaign, follow these steps:
- Click Marketing → Email campaigns:
- Click a campaign to view its data:
Email campaign dashboard
The left banner displays static information about the email campaign. This includes:
- Campaign title
- Send date
- Recipients (can be generated from segments, sales campaigns, or contact lists)
- Preview of the email
You'll find four clickable tabs:
Click to view:
- Delivered emails: How many recipients received the email
- Opened email: How many recipients opened the email
- Clicks: How many clicks on links within the email
- Form submits: How many recipients submitted an Upsales form in the email
- Location: Where recipients opened the email
- Devices: Devices recipient used to open the email
- Events: Details about what happened inside the email. Click a tab to view:
- All: All email addresses where the email was sent
- Opened: Who opened the email
- Click: Who clicked a link in the email.
- Latest submits: Recipients who submitted an Upsales form in the email
- Unsubscribers: Recipients that unsubscribed with this email
- Bounces: Which email addresses didn't accept the email
Click to view:
- Didn't read: Recipients who didn't open the email
- Didn't click: Recipients who opened the email; but, didn't click on the link. Use the Compose email link to create a new email campaign
- Filter the list of recipients on the bottom to see who:
- Opened the email
- Clicked the link in the email
- Submitted Upsales forms from a link in the email
- Unsubscribed to email types from the email
- Undelivered: Which emails were not delivered to the recipient
Website visits tab
Tracks the email recipients who visit your company's website. Also tracks their actions on the website.
Your website requires the tracking script for this feature to work.
Track recipients who submit an Upsales form related to email campaigns.
How email tracking works
Upsales includes a tiny pixel on emails generated from the platform. When recipients open an email, the email client downloads the pixel and sends a message to Upsales that the email has been opened.
How to deactivate email tracking
Tracking is on by default. To deactivate tracking:
- Click Settings → My profile
- Scroll down to Email tracking and click the toggle:
Some email services block images by default which can prevent the pixel being downloaded. This can affect your open rate data.