Once you have sent out an email campaign, you'll want to track the results and follow up. Campaigns are listed by date sent on the Email Campaigns screen with a status of Sent.
This article covers:
- Accessing email campaigns
- Email campaign dashboard
- How email tracking works
Accessing email campaigns
To access the results of your email campaign, follow these steps:
- Click the Marketing tab → Email campaigns sub-tab.
- Click the campaign record to review.
Email campaign dashboard
Each email has its own statistics.
Email static information
The left banner displays static information about the email campaign.
- Subject: The subject line of the email
- USER: Upsales user who created the campaign
- SENDER: Upsales user who sent the email
- RECIPIENTS: List of recipients, which can be generated from:
- Sales campaigns
- Contact lists
- Why didn't everyone get the email? Click this link to display how many recipients did not receive the email and what happened.
- Preview of the sent the email: Click to review the email contents.
The Overview tab has consolidated data about the campaign's efficacy. It shows:
- DELIVERED EMAILS: Number and percentage of recipients that got the email in their mailbox
- OPENED EMAIL: Number and percentage of recipients that clicked and opened the email
- CLICKED: Number and percentage of recipients that clicked any link within the email
- SUBMITS: Number and percentage of Upsales forms attached to the email that has been submitted.
- Location: Country where the recipients opened the link.
- Devices: Type of device recipient used to open the email
- Events: Details about activities with each delivered email. Events can be filtered with the following sub-tabs:
- All: All email addresses to which the email was sent.
- Opened: Recipients who clicked the email and opened it.
- Click: Recipients who clicked a link in the email.
- Latest submits: Recipients who submitted a form created in Upsales.
- Unsubscribers: Which recipients have unsubscribed with this email.
- Bounces: Recipients that did not receive the email.
The Recipients tab has details about who received the email and what they did with it. It shows:
- Didn't read: Recipients who didn't open the email. Use the Compose email link to create a new email campaign.
- Didn't click: Recipients who opened the email; but, didn't click on the link. Use the Compose email link to create a new email campaign.
- Filter the list of recipients on the bottom to see who:
- Opened the email.
- Clicked the link in the email.
- Submitted Upsales forms from a link in the email.
- Unsubscribed to email types from the email.
- Undelivered: Which emails were not delivered to the recipient.
Website visits tab
The Websites visits tab tracks which email recipients went to your company's website and the history of their actions with the website. This is different data than the clicks, which may not be linked to your company website.
Your website must have the tracking script for this feature to work.
The Submits tab tracks which recipients submitted Upsales forms from links in the email campaign.
How email tracking works
Upsales includes a tiny pixel on emails generated from the platform. When the recipients open the email the email client downloads the pixel and sends a message to Upsales that the email has been opened.
Note: Some email services block images by default and the pixel mentioned above won't be downloaded. This means Upsales can't guarantee that your email hasn't been read.